Monday, March 09, 2009

Unexpected injuries

I awoke in the middle of the night to a very sore shoulder.. the shoulder away from where the limb swung into me like a battering ram. As it got progressively more sore and painful to use throughout the day I realized that this was not from sleeping on it wrong, but rather was the result of taking the brunt of the force of the blow to my body through that shoulder which I had used to reach around the tree to prevent my falling from the ladder with a running chainsaw.

So today I was pretty well out of commission, though I did help Rancher Bob do a few tasks around his place. A night of rest, a good heating cream from north of the border, and a hope that tomorrow will be better.. that is my evening in a nutshell..

Well okay, and reading The Humanure Handbook.. which I fear is going to get a scathing review unless it changes its nature in the second half of the book..

No comments: