Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tractor Troubles, Hay Hassles and Rake Riding..

Well it was time to start bailing the hay today.. So I had the great fortune to be volunteered to rake the hay into windrows so that the bailer could pick it up. Sounds easy enough... except that I got almost no sleep last night..

...and then I could not figure out how to start Rob's tractor which I had never used before...

...and then the seat on the tractor came apart...

An hour and some later I managed to finally fix the seat...

...and the tractor would not start...

So I jumped it with the truck.. no joy..

Decided to wait for the battery to charge while still connected to the running truck, meanwhile I'd go get some lunch especially since I skipped breakfast..

..but Rob showed up... started the tractor, and I was off again on the rake.. (The rake rides behind the tractor gathering up the hay.. )

The seat came apart again.. a couple of times..

Finally we called it a day about 5 pm... and even now I sit here typing this instead of fixing something to eat, simply because now I am too damned tired...

No comments: