Friday, June 25, 2010

Book number... oh heck I've lost count.. plus one

The Self-Sufficiency Handbook The Self-Sufficiency Handbook by Alan Bridgewater


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The book is an okay introduction to going off grid in the UK or commonwealth, with some of it applying to the US as well. That said, it is pretty basic with regards to the information provided. I honestly cannot think of one new thing I learned from this book, though to be fair I have been in the process of going off grid for a couple of years now. The instructions on canning, making cider, and the like are interesting and will be good enough reference material to justify keeping this one on my shelves. I had hoped for more, and it reads very choppy. Still, give it a look if you are interested in self-sufficiency, particularly if you are just beginning your interest in making a go of it.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: