Thursday, January 07, 2010

Artic Air

Well I tried to get out to get a few of the footings started for the posts, but unfortunately the ground is simply too frozen to work with. The air temps managed to get up towards the mid twenties F, but the ground remained quite a bit colder.  The wind certainly did not help whatsoever.. 

So while the day was not a complete loss, as I was able to make a clear step forward in the building instructions I am writing for myself, it was still not as productive as I would have liked. After all I was supposed to be in the house by now, so every day of delay makes me even more ready to be done with the build.

I had intended to offer up some photos this evening, but the cable which connects the camera to the computer has gone on walk-about. I suspect I know where it got to, but it is a place so inaccessible as to require me to crawl on hands and knees under the sleeping area for several feet.. after moving everything stored under there. 

Somehow living in a small space seems to make losing things far easier and finding them more difficult. I sincerely look forward to the day when I will be moving into my new home which is 4-5 times the size of the caravan I call shelter now.. 


In the meantime, I am listening to Fish and Bonfire, reading Epictetus and Seneca (both Stoics) and awaiting my first netflix dvd.. I am trying out netflix using someone else's account (an account left dormant so long that one dvd cost them over $80!!)  A little Foyle's War ought to be entertaining.. After all no one can do mysteries like the Brits.. 


No comments: