Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sad coincidence

As I was reading book number... yeah still haven't recounted.. Inherit the Stars by James P Hogan, I learned that Hogan passed.. This is a great loss to the sci-fi and liberty world both.

Preparing for travel again, this time deep in the heart of Texas. More work, some stand in work for a customer, and just a wee bit of catching up with friends, including one poor traumatized black dog I've been missing.

I leave at a particularly bad time as lots of food in the garden is coming ready to put up. All I can hope in this case is that there will be some left when I return, perhaps as dried beans for instance.. That said, I am planning on spending part of the day tomorrow putting up edemame, one of my favorite foods, for later use.

Zero progress on the homestead thanks yet again to delays in the excavation. As I have said all along, I have but one step in this entire process upon which I am relying upon others (paid help) and that is what has prevented this home from being built.. Perhaps when I return in just over a month.. If not, then I may build a different, smaller home, as a temporary home and future guest house, as I cannot bear a third winter in this caravan.

So goes it here in the Backwoods of Hell..

No comments: