Saturday, June 19, 2004

I am safely back in Texas now, recovering from the jet lag which hit me much harder coming this direction than it did going over to China. In the next week or so I hope to get up the rest of the photos, with captions, and possibly tell more of what we did the last couple of weeks I spent in China.

For now I just count myself lucky if I can sleep during the night (I couldn't for a couple of days) and I am awake during the day. It is good to have simple goals sometimes.

I return to work on Monday, by which time I certainly hope to be re-acclimated to Austin time, as well as the culture. One of the big changes will be getting used to western style food again. Upon returning, western style food sits very heavy with me, and I actually prefer not to eat many western foods. Unfortunately there is little alternative to eating western foods so I am trying to make do as well as recreate some of the things that I was eating in China. While it was my experience that that Chinese eat far more food than I was used to eating, they eat far lighter fare than we tend to eat in the western world.

For those interested, yes I lost a bit of weight while in China, and I am hoping to continue the trend now that I have returned.

On that note, I am going to go walking right now, and even walk to the store to pick up something light for breakfast.

All the best to all.

Brian

No comments: