Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Loss..

Back on Rancher Bob's place, we have lost the best working dog I have ever known. She unfortunately became overheated, and just could not recover. She will be sorely missed..

And here again I am reminded as to why I don't want pets of my own, or in this case, even a wonderful working dog/pet: I cannot take the loss. Call me weak, or unrealistic in this regard, but ever since we lost the very first dog I knew, a dog that was actually part of the family before I was, a dog that I sat with keeping flies away from as she passed, I just cannot take dealing with the death of a pet.

Still, I get close to the animals I am around (well less so with the cows, though I still feel badly when they pass) and so still must deal with such passings.

Good bye Star...

No comments: