Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Working again.

After all of the delays on my own build, it is nice to actually make progress on something once again. Currently I am working on a kitchen remodel, which includes removing two walls, new cabinets, new flooring, and a custom island. The walls came down today, with all of the lumber, except for one piece about two feet long, being salvaged for future projects or as needed on this project. The door frame is becoming part of the island/bar, and all of the wiring, except for one outlet, is also being re purposed into the island or along another wall, so as to make it more usable and to save on the cost of sub-contractors.

The homeowner has given me almost carte blanche to design the space as I see fit, as long as I also do it on a very tight budget. All in all a fun project that will have a great deal of impact when it is complete.

No comments: