Friday, March 26, 2010

Rainy days

The break in the weather which allowed me to get all of the lumberjack work done is apparently over. Sure the temperatures are much improved for the most part, but now we are getting rain. This is not all bad as Rancher Bob's pastures were in need of some moisture so that he can get a good hay crop this summer. The rain also helps the cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and other plants I put out at his wife's insistence though it is about two weeks early by my own guide. After getting amazing harvests from a short lived garden in Austin before I had to move, I am completely sold on the methods found in:

How to Grow More Vegetables: A... How to Grow More Vegetables: And Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine
by John Jeavons

No comments: