Sunday, April 18, 2004

Under a week now until I leave. The last of my major jobs is completed, and I have received payment. Now all that remains is a couple of small jobs, and the final push for organization to be ready to leave. And of course now begins the process of getting mentally prepared for a number of new experiences: first lengthy flight over seas, first time in nations where I do not speak the language at all... these are the two biggies that are on my mind.

The Flight: I leave Austin around 8:00 am local time and arrive the next day at 8:30 pm Bejing time. The travel time will be around 24 hours, including layovers in Dallas and Tokyo.

I do not know exactly what form this blog will take, but I welcome comments and suggestions as to how to improve the final product.

No comments: